In case you slept through September, let us give you an overview of the awesomeness you might have missed. ✨
- 2-5x faster cache steps, update now! - There is a new version available for two cache steps: Cache:Push and Cache:Pull and the upgrade to 2.0.0 (or above) will come with significant speed improvements! 💫
- Faster builds with 4 CPUs: go Elite! - From now on instead of 2 CPUs, you will get 4 CPUs and 8 gigs of RAM for you builds and instead of the previous Mac Pros we’re using the same type of on-steroids xServe machines we use for our Standard clusters on Elite plan. 🚀
News and stories🗞
- Introducing solid and snappy Virtual Device Testing for Android - Best of news! Bitrise introduces solid and snappy Virtual Device Testing for Android with awesomely informative and comprehensive test results. Try it now!
- Anyone, even PRs can have secrets - Previously Bitrise did not include the secret env vars in pull requests for security's sake. From now on, you can set whether you want us to keep your secrets or not. 🤐
- 60% faster builds: force Xcode to use caching! - Let's make Xcode builds up to 60% quicker with a new step aboard! 🏎
- Travelex - Improved Continuous Integration With Bitrise - How Travelex re-evaluated their tech choices and decided to use Bitrise. Guest blog by Rémy Chantenay, lead of engineering at Travelex.
- Set step timeout to check why your build hangs 🕑 - Builds can hang for multiple reasons, but it is hard to debug and check what the obstacle is. 🚧 There is a step property for that!
- Hoverfly + Bitrise iOS UI testing (video tutorial) - See how to get automated UI tests for an iOS project using xCode running on Bitrise. Guest video tutorial by Daniel Creagh, iOS Developer at Resilient plc.
- Adding missing dSYMs to Crashlytics with Fastlane - Find that dSYMs gone AWOL. 😀
- Bitrise + CodePush + React Native = Ideal Mobile CI Setup? - Monte Thakka of Pillow on continuous integration, testing and automated deployment for cross-platform mobile apps. Guest post on Bitrise Blog.
We hope you are awake now. ⏰