This year's edition of the premier Android development conference will be held in Berlin in July. Last year, I attended the event and met amazing Android developers from all over the world, as well as learned a lot about Android development from different amazing talks. My team and I will be there again this year with Bitrise, and I hope you will join us.
What is this event about?
Droidcon is a global Android community for daily tech blogs, videos, events, jobs, and more all about Android development, with the goal of assisting you to earn, create, and collaborate at conferences, workshops, webinars, and other events around the world.
In July, Droidcon will be in Berlin, Germany with over 1200 attendees, 95 tech talks, and five tracks over 3 days.
It's a great opportunity to learn about the latest technologies, practices, and tools from experts worldwide.
It is now possible to view the full agenda and make your own programs. Me, I am planning to attend the following talks if I have the time. 🙌🏻
Day 1 - July 6th
- Keynote: Now in Modern Android: the DevRel team at Google will present some of the latest developments across Jetpack Compose, Material Design 3, new architecture and testing recommendations, new tools and build optimizations.
- Crash-reporting taken to next level: monitoring app crashes is essential for app stability and the agility to respond to issues quickly.
- A Complete Journey of Android Modularisation: ,modularisation is a demanding topic. With modularisation, you can have extraordinary achievements or spectacular failures.
- A Brief History of Memory Leaks: this talk examines a range of memory leaks in concurrency clashing lifecycles, network data format, and more
- Upgrade Android Studio experience by building your own plugins: this talk will introduce the different options for plugin development weighing the pros and cons, and the different capabilities that can be powered with Android Studio plugins.
- What's new in Amazon Appstore: discover the latest developer tools for growing your user base, increasing ROI, and building immersive customer experiences.
- Orchestrate your UI tests with Conductor: Meet Conductor – an open-source framework for black-box UI automation -- learn how to test the logged-in state -- Mocking backend interaction.
Make sure you attend the party at 5:40 PM 🥳🎉
Day 2 - July 7th
- Deep dive into Modern Android Performance: in this session, you will hear about modern tools, libraries, tips, and best practices to help you inspect, improve and monitor your application's performance from the Android DevRel team.
- Implementing Modern Android Architecture: this talk will cover how to think about Architecture, some recommended principles, and how we implemented the modern Android architecture guidance in the Now in Android open-source app.
- 5 ways to improve your Android build productivity: Boris Farber and Milosz Moczkowski will share their experience with Android build at Google to help you avoid five common pitfalls that affect your build productivity
- Securing Mobile Apps with OWASP MASVS & MSTG: get an introduction to the OWASP MASVS (Mobile Application Security Verification Standard), which works together with the OWASP MSTG (Mobile Security Testing Guide) to help you understand the attack surface of mobile apps, how to exploit them and how to protect them.
- Forging the path from monolith to the multi-module app: learn how to balance the entire process without harming the regular feature delivery schedule, where to start modularizing, and improvements to the build tools to make life less miserable.
- Optimize your app for large screens: get an understanding of what’s available for developers to support large screens.
- Releasing and monitoring your Android app with Firebase: learn how Firebase helps you release your Android app for different audiences, monitor performance, and track crashes.
- Scaling Productivity: How we have improved our dev experience: learn how we approach engineering productivity at Freeletics, how we measure productivity, lessons we have learned, and principles we are applying (borrowed from the lean startup methodology.
- Security First Android Apps: building android apps while keeping a security perspective in mind is important for our users.
Then it's time for a movie night! 📽
Day 2 - July 9th - the Community day
- Comedy Talk - Better Android Development (BAD): they attempt to poke fun at the ridiculous world of Android App Development.
- Android at Scale: this panel will take a look at how Android teams are organized at different companies.
- War in Ukraine – How Can Devs Help? 🇺🇦 this panel will look at some of the current solutions and look at where we as a community can fill the gaps.
It’s the final day and the closing ceremony with slide karaoke. 🎤
Here's something cool we've prepared for you
Besides attending Droidcon with our lovely team, I am also happy to give a talk about DevSecOps, and how we can inject security testing into our CI/CD and DevOps for Android Apps.
The talk will cover:
- Shift-left testing in mobile apps.
- DevOps VS. DevSecOps.
- Choose the suitable security testing methods.
- Mobile App Security Checklist.
- OWASP Mobile Application Security Verification Standards.
- Add Automated Security Tests to the pipeline.
Don’t miss it if you are attending the conference! Also, it would be amazing if we could meet and discuss how you are using security testing in your Android app currently, and what are the most important challenges you are facing.
Sign up and meet us there!
Reserve your seat today and join us at Droidcon Berlin 2022!
Hope to see you there soon!