Compress the files generated by previous steps with the new Create ZIP step.
You get a plenty of files generated by Deploy to Bitrise and Archive steps as these steps create a new folder structure under the folder called archive. By default, these cannot be seen by the user on the Apps & Artifacts tab, but if you compress this new folder structure with the ZIP step into the archive folder, it will appear there (just like the dSYM.zip on the screenshot below). This will make them more easily available via GUI too.
This step requires two inputs:
1. path: this required field should include the path of the file or folder you want to compress. Without this, the step will fail right away at the configuration.
2. destination: the path you want the ZIP to have. This is a required input too.
The step will check the existence of both the path and the destination:
- If the path does not exist, there will be an error.
- If the folder structure belonging to the destination does not exist, the user will be notified (warning in the log) and then the step will create it.
- If a ZIP exists on the specified destination, the user will be notified (warning in the log) and then the previous file will be overwritten.