You asked, we listened ❤️ From now on, you have the option to store your bitrise.yml file in your Git repository where you can review and manage previous versions.
With this update, you can
- Review Workflow changes and go back to a previous version if you need to.
- See who edited the Workflow and when.
- Learn how the Workflow actually works without having admin rights in Bitrise.
- Edit and optimize your team’s processes with Git access.
You can still use the graphical UI of the Workflow Editor to edit your Workflows. All you need to do is commit the changes to the app’s repository afterward.
How to make the switch
- In the Workflow Editor, go to the bitrise.yml tab.
- Click Store in app repository.
- If you don’t have a bitrise.yml file the repository, you will be prompted to add one. You can download the current bitrise.yml file from the website, or copy its entire content to the clipboard.
- Click Update setting.
You’re all done 🎉
If you need more info, we have an amazing article on the topic for you on Bitrise Docs.